A week and a day

Here at Dragonfly headquarters, we are busily getting ready for that magical weekend every year when a bazillion knitters, spinners, and sheep lovers gather at the Howard County Fairgrounds for what may be the biggest Sheep and Wool festival in the country. The muggles look on quizzically perhaps even contemptuously, but that's okay. We know a good thing, don't we?
I have been dyeing cashmere silk laceweight, and merino lace yarn in two weights. Also merino-seacell sock yarn, and merino and bfl roving. Yum!


And locks! I am trying a new thing. I love to process raw fleece. Something about watching the dirty stinky pile of fluff become sweet clean locks and then fabulous textured (or not, depending on the sheep!) yarn just makes me happy. I'm dyeing CVM and Alpaca and maybe some Cheviot locks for the Cloverhill booth. So, come squeeze them, they may want to come home with you.



And if you are at the fest on Sunday morning, please come by and see me at the Cloverhill booth in the main barn spots D2 and D3 (that's on the right as you come in the front door). I will be working the booth from 8 am to 1 pm and I'd love to see you!