May I present

Djinni Sock! This beautiful new sock yarn is an exclusive cashmere blend designed by none other than those fabulous ladies at the Sanguine Gryphon. It is a true fingering, and is comprised of 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon for strength. The cashmere makes it uniquely soft, and loves the dye molecules, resulting in rich, multidimentional colors. It is 450 yards in a 4 oz skein and knits up to a fine gauge at 7-9 st/inch. I have just listed some in my shop and am working on an order for the Loopy Ewe. Yay!

This is Cinnamon Spice, a new old colorway that began life as a "one hit wonder" and was re-born at the request of Tiffany from Colorful Yarns. I guess I forgot to mention (whoops!) my yarn is in Colorado! Yay! At this awesome shop in Centennial.


I may have mentioned that I've been experimenting with dyeing in layers lately. A little like Gryphon and Sarah but not the same. It's intriguing for me to see how the dyes interact, and then to take advantage of these relationships. One of the many fun things about chemical dyeing is that the dyes don't always relate to each other as one would expect. Oh, and Delphinium, a one hit wonder.


I still struggle with photographing reds, but this is fairly close to true. Dragonberry is deservedly an older favorite. It glows in the new yarn base, doesn't it?


This colorway is Pumpkin King. I was trying to re-create an effect I had obtained when overdyeing this amazing silver Romney cross fleece for Steph of Loop. Didn't work as I'd hoped, but it is a snappy fall color, isn't it? PS, if you were thinking of signing up for Camp Loopyfluck in October, scheduled to coincide with Rhinebeck, and just hadn't got to it yet, or want to do a really great class of Art Yarn carding and spinning, or you just want to have a great time spinning with some grweat people and learn alot too, GO sign up now! They may have to cancel if they can't get enough students to cover the class:(


While I'm announcing things, I also want to tell you if you are anywhere near Rehobeth, DE, run, do not walk to Kitschy Stitch. (I didn't even know she'd blogged us;) Allison is adorable, her son is a happy soul, and her knit and stitch shop is fabulous. Beautifully arranged and full of yarn, fabric, books, patterns, wow. You definitely won't want to leave! Oh, and Dragonfly Fibers is there now, too:) She doesn't have Djinni Sock but she does have another new seasonal yarn I am carrying. But that is another post! And this beauty is Heroine. Yes, with an "e".

Finally, I give you Red Maple. Another one hit wonder turned regular colorway. She's a pretty blend of autumn reds and browns, just like the amazing red Splitleaf maple in the yard next door. Remind me, and I'll show you. I have more cool stuff to share, so do stay tuned!