Going to the Dogs



As you can see our Cody is growing up nicely. Still chews everything in sight, still can't be left alone for a second, but has now slept through the night for almost a week, so the puppy mama is getting a bit more sleep. We figured out he cd do it when my husband took a shift for me and the pup slept all the way to the morning. Then, I slept with him again and he got up at 2 am. Hmmm...I wonder what's happening here? The boy was getting tired of the sleeping arrangements, and so were the rest of us, so we bought a cheap baby monitor and put him to bed with his pup. Lo and behold, Cody slept through the night again. The boy dropped and broke said baby monitor the very next day, but I guess it worked for us!


Emmy remains wonderfully patient and sweet, and while she warns him, sometimes loudly, i can see she wd never hurt him. We worry, because she seems to be losing ground daily in the alpha vs. beta positioning. It's very clear that he is an in-charge dominant kind of guy. luckily, i know how deal with that, after having been taken to school for years by my lovely chessie girl, or "queen bitch", as I tend to think of her:) She doesn't seem to mind, oddly enough. We'll see how it goes, but maybe she would be happier as a "first lieutenant bitch":)


It's hard to resist the love in those eyes.





Now, it's time to talk about Homespun Yarn Party! You remember this show? It's our local MD/DC/VA fiber arts show and promises to be a ball again this year. Here are the det's:

What: Yarn Party! Check out local yarn vendors, sit and knit, meet new people!Who: All your favorite local yarn dyers and spinners, plus some extra crafty goodness! And all our knitting/crocheting/spinning friends (you!) of course!!
Where: Historic Savage Mill 8600 Foundry Street, Savage, MD 20763 Just off I-95, plenty of parking!When: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 12 PM to 5 PM Why: Who needs an excuse to get together and craft?! We wanted to get together and spread some fiber love! In addition to some great crafty vendors, we'll also have:
free lessons on knitting, crochet, spinning, and maybe more
fabulous door prizes to be given away throughout the event
weather-permitting, a sit and spin/crochet/knit area out on the deck
And we'll be collecting knitted and crocheted items for local charities!
Of course, admission is FREE!

Go see the vendor list. Some of my favorites will be here: SG, of course, and my Steph of LOOP will be coming down from New York with her amazing batts and clouds and rovings, and Woolarina, of course, and Ang of Serendipitous Ewe (yay!) and Karida of Neighborhood Fiber Co. is coming in from Ohio, and Jen of Spirit Trail, and, well, you get the idea:)

I know Jess and Paula and Lindsay and Corrine and Lauren (and anyone else I'm missing on the Committee?) will do an amazing job this year bringing a variety of local fiber artists as well as some other great vendors. You know what the best part is? I'll have a booth on my own for the very first time! Yep, I'll be steppin out on my own. No more riding the coattails of the Sanguine Gryphon; I'm all growed up now:) How cool is that? Of course, i'm terrified I'll forget the money box, or the sign, or even the yarn!

I know that's not going to happen, cause Team Dragonfly has my back. In fact, our High Priestess, Laura Blueswirly is coming to Maryland just to join in th fun. You should know she did the graphics for HYP this year; nice huh? Can't wait to see her! So, here's the deal. You need to come to Savage Mill to join in the fun, and when you do, come see me, ok?