Announcements, announcements, announcements!

can you tell this is a halloween picture from last year?

You remember that cat i let out of the bag a little too early? That I had to edit out of my last blog post because i started a bit of a hornets nest in the Completely Twisted and Arbitrary Spinning group on Ravelry (oops...) I missed the part about it being a surpsise (sheepish grin inserted here). Well, drumroll, I am very excited to be the featured dyer for their October Spin Along. Hooray!

The way it works is people post photos related to a theme; this time around it's fall/halloween (sound familiar?) The group votes, and I get to pic two from the top four to dye. I'll do two types of fiber: untreated bfl (cause it's so nice to spin) and my sea monster (silk, sw wool, and sea cell). Those submitting the two winning pictures will get a free braid. These colorways will be available in my shop in unlimited quantities through the months of October and November, and then the next featured dyer will have the spotlight. Anyone can participate; you just need to join the group. And it's such a great group of people, who wouldn't want to join?

Also, I want to remind you that this is Breast cancer Awareness month, and in honor of my dad's recovery from treatment, i am donating 30% of sales of anything in the Peach Melba colorway to the American Cancer society. I put listings up for Djinni, Dragon sock, and Gaia lace in my shop this morning. Please let me know if you have any other requests. I plan to dye this colorway on fiber and Traveller yarn today, as well as on Gaia lace and Naiad.