Gorgeous!



Careful Planning

Look at all that Pretty Yarn!





As usual, summer is speeding past.  I did manage to teach my first ever dye class.  I was nervous, as I'm not naturally comfortable talking to groups of people, but everyone was happy to jump right in after a few safety rules. 


  
 
 
 
 
 
Laura, my "wing man" and our dyer #2, was on hand and we both had a great time. And the best part? The participants all went home with pretty yarn and fiber, and seemed to enjoy the class. So, good news. We'll be doing it again. I'm thinking later in the fall after the next run of shows. November, probably.



<> </></></><>
</></>
Beth, from Susqehannah Knitting Company, is clearly a girl after my own heart.  No fear of color here:)

´╗┐Actually, no one was afraid of color and everyone made yarn and spinning fiber that I would want to work with.  And in some cases, repeat!


Summer swim and dive season have ended.  Such a short and intense time.  Both the Mermaid and Aquaboy swam well and made it to the divisional meet.  So exciting!  Jack was the third member of the amazing group that run our giant 240 member swim team.  Mostly, I knit.  With a little kid-herding thrown in:)


Ryan had a great time diving and learned a few new, very hard dives, including a Double Flip and an Inverse Dive (that's when they go off the board backwards and then dive forwards, not hitting the board, we hope). See the speedo he's wearing?  Earned him the nickname "Speedo  Man" this summer.


Video of Ryan's back dive; click arrow to play

At Dragonfly headquarters, we are preparing for end of summer.  Next Tuesday, Mallory and I pack up the truck and leave for a two week adventure in the midwest.  Starting Thursday, August 9, we'll be at Stitches Midwest in beautiful Schaumberg, IL; come see us in booth #824 and 826.  Look for the lovely and talented Susan and Molly to be helping us this year, and my fabulous MIL Dorothy.  My Mermaid will be demonstrating simple rigid heddle weaving with our yarns.

After Stitches, we will be spending a few days with Susan before heading to Michigan Fiber Fest.  I plan to visit the Blue Beaker, which just moved to a bigger space.  While they started off as a hand made soap kitchen, they now offer all sorts of awesome craft supplies, including my yarn:)  I also hope we will get to Starved Rock State Park, which looks amazing.

Midweek, we'll head over to Allegan County, Michigan to set up for the Michigan Fiber Festival (August 17-19).  My lovely friend Elizabeth will be flying in to help Mal and I in the booth (#148).  Hooray!  Also, look for the amazingly talented Ann Weaver to be hanging out with us.  We will have some of her patterns too.  And who knows, you can probably see her Chittagong Shawl up close.  Still two months left in our Summer KAL!

Our shop will remain open while we are gone with a limited inventory.  Our shop update this past Sunday featured lots more new colors of Pixie, as well as new 4 oz skeins of Selkie and some other goodies.  As we'll be on the road for a few weeks, next update won't be until Sunday, August 25th. Quick, grab some yarn and fiber before we pull it from the shop to take with us!